What are the major incidents in 2014
The first day of this New Year is Wednesday. It is the 14th year of 21st Century. The major incidents will happen around the world in the following way:
- Latvia will adopt Euro officially in January 01
- Winter Olympic will be held on 7-23 February in Russia
- Comet Holmes- Comets are basically dusty snowballs which orbit the Sun. They are made of ices, such as water, carbon dioxide, ammonia and methane, mixed with dust. It will be seen in March 27
- An annular solar eclipse will occur on April 29. In this day the moon will stay between the sun and the earth. The will block the sun fully or partially.
- Faye’s Comet will reach perihelion (closest come to the sun) on May 29. Comet Faye was discovered in 1843 by Harve Fayee in Paris.
- FIFA world cup will be held on June 12- July 13 in Brazil
- NASA’s New Horizon Spacecraft will cross the orbit of Neptue on August 24
- The first unmanned flight test of NASA’s Orion spacecraft is scheduled to be launched on September
- The Catalan independence referendum will be held on 9th November
- The USA and the United Kingdom will withdraw its soldiers from Afghanistan. Those are the major incidents for the year of 2014.